Welcome to our website
Job offer for a resourceful and multi-skilled consular employee:
Job Description and Overview: You will be a full team member of the Embassy of Belgium in Tel Aviv. You will perform consular and administrative tasks. You will assist your colleagues in performing their duties in case of work overload or during their absence.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be administratively capable to perform paid work in Israel
- Good command of oral and written French and/or Dutch
- Knowledge of Hebrew
- Good Knowledge of English
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office: Outlook, Words and Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills, planning and precision
- Pro-active and work independently
- Good communication skills
- Discretion, loyalty and team spirit
- Ready to work during weekends in case of emergencies
Will be considered as an asset during the selection procedure:
- Knowledge of French and Dutch
- Good knowledge of Hebrew
- Relevant academic education
- Knowledge of the functioning of Belgian Institutions and administration
- Related work experience
Contract: local contract renewable after one year with estimated start on 01 October 2022
Working hours : Monday to Friday: 08:00 -16:00
- First phase : Screening of applications, selection of potential candidates to be invited for the tests.
- Second phase : written tests for selected candidates ( 25th of August 2022)
- Third phase : Interviewing of the short-listed candidates who successfully passed the second phase ( 25th of August 2022)
If you are interested, please send your CV and a motivation letter to the Consulate General of Belgium in Tel Aviv by August 22th 2022, to Consulate.TelAviv@diplobel.fed.be .Thank you for enclosing a copy of your identity card and the contact information of two references.
Click here to make an appointment to apply for a passport and/or an ID's
Travel to Belgium :
Travelers from Israel are allowed to travel to Belgium without health restrictions. The following documents - Passenger Locator Form, proof of corona test, vaccination certificates, etc. - no longer need to be presented to go to Belgium.
For further information please consult the following website: https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/travels/ (tel. +32 78 15 17 71)
Remark: when travelling to Belgium, the health regulations of the country of departure (Israel) and of the airline must also be taken into account.
Attention: access to the Consulate only with confirmed appointment In case of emergencies you can contact us by email: email@example.com
In summary :
- All visits to the Consulate must be by appointment, also for procedures that were done without an appointment before (withdrawal of documents, legalisation, ...).
- Picking up a passport, ID or documents without an appointment = only on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 08.30 – 09.30.
- Appointments for requests of passports + ID can be made on our website . Do not go to the Consulate without an explicitly confirmed appointment.
- The Consulate will process all possible files by e-mail:
- Do send all requested documents separately, titled PDF files. Not in PDF or incomplete? Your file cannot be processed.
- Size of the email : no larger than 10MB. Are the files bigger, send them over several emails
- Please send the documents:
- Once your file is complete
- All together, on the same day
- If birth, marriage, divorce certificate or other documents consist out of several pages, make sure they are scanned into 1 PDF file (including apostille, translations,…)
- Title of the email: mention the family name, first name and date of birth of the person concerned
- Rest of the email: explain in detail the purpose of the email.
This will notably be the case for the following procedures, which can be launched by email, without traveling to the Consulate:
- Registration request, including the first registration of a child: you send us, by e-mail, a scanned copy of all the required documents.
- Request for a consular attestation: you send us, by e-mail, a scanned copy of the completed and signed request form. As soon as the attestation is ready, an appointment will be made to withdraw the attestation and pay the consular fee.
- Request to update your marital status: you send us, by e-mail, a scanned copy of the required documents.
- Life certificate request: processed entirely by e-mail. Click here for information.
- Special nationality files: you send us, by e-mail, a scanned copy of the required documents.
- You will be invited to respect specific rules of health prudence during your visit to the Consulate. Click here to find out what they are. You will be reminded of them upon confirmation of the appointment. You are asked to respect them strictly, for the wellbeing of all.
Coronavirus COVID19 epidemic
You can check the travel advice on Israel in French or in Dutch.
Please do not come to the Consulate in you have symptoms of the infection.
Welcome to the website of the Embassy of Belgium in Israel. Belgian nationals will find detailed information on passports, identity cards, nationality under “Consular services”. An overview of the diplomatic and economic relations between Belgium and Israel as well as information on the Jewish community of Belgium can be found under “Belgium-Israel”. If you wish to travel to Belgium, you will discover all the treasures our country has to offer. In addition to local events, this website will also keep you updated on Belgian foreign policy, through daily press releases.